Wiring diagram for central controller and Webasto Evo 40

die ersten Sprinter (T1N)
Antworten
Adrianlle

Wiring diagram for central controller and Webasto Evo 40

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 24.11.2018 12:35

Greetings from the UK. I wish to reposition the temperature sensor on my Webasto evo 40 (which replaced the broken Eberspacher D4) I originally fitted it in the kitchen area but find it is too sensitive to cooking heat. So I would like to fit in in the same position as the Eberspacher sensor originally fitted by the sliding door. The problem is how to wire it up. My solution would be to connect the sensor to the wire already there between the old eberspachere sensor and the central control unit. Then connect that cable where it comes into the back of the central control unit to the cable that connected the central control unit to the eberspacher heater via the drivers seat box. Then connect that cable to the sensor cable coming from the webasto heater. In theory I should then have a continuous cable connecting the Webasto heater and the Webasto sensor positioned at the sliding door. So:

1 Can anyone see a reason why that won’t work?
2.Can someone tell me how to remove the central control unit from the cab ceiling, and then which are the wires coming in from the temperature sensor and which are the wires going out to the heater?

Otherwise I have now been using the Webasto heater with a multi controller for nearly a year and it has proved very good apart from the sensor being in the wrong place.
Adrian

Thomas T.

Re: Wiring diagram for central controller and Webasto Evo 40

Beitrag von Thomas T. » 24.11.2018 14:52

Hi Adrian,
Adrianlle hat geschrieben:
24.11.2018 12:35
My solution would be to connect the sensor to the wire already there between the old eberspachere sensor and the central control unit . Then connect that cable where it comes into the back of the central control unit to the cable that connected the central control unit to the eberspacher heater via the drivers seat box. Then connect that cable to the sensor cable coming from the webasto heater.
Adrian

that's exactly what I did when mounting my new heater, and it works poperly.

To remove the controll unit, push two drill bits into the holes in the front of the unit to unlock it, then pull it out.

To find the right wires look for there colours at the old temperature sensor, at the connector in the control unit and at the connector of the eberspächer heater in the drivers seat box. Choose two free wires between the connectors.
Was nützt der Tiger im Tank wenn hinter'm Steuer ein Esel sitzt?
Schön'n Gruß, Thomas
JC 312D Automatik, Bj.'96

Adrianlle

Re: Wiring diagram for central controller and Webasto Evo 40

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 25.11.2018 17:45

Thank you Thomas and good to hear from you again. So that is what I will do. Kind Regards Adrian.

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 2 (1995-2006)“