Heating and engine coolant

die zweite Generaton Sprinter (NCV3)
Antworten
fleep

Heating and engine coolant

Beitrag von fleep » 21.02.2019 21:32

Hi,

I want to check something with other users here. I have a 2007 JC with the engine preheat and also the Eberspacher heater. By mistake, I accidentally left the boiler on overnight and only realise when I heard it running in the morning. No problem, I just turned it off. However, when I drove the van immediately afterwards, the engine coolant was very warm and I had very warm air although the outside temperature was only 5 degrees, almost like it would be if I used the pre heater. I thought that the engine pre heater and the boiler were two different systems? Are they actually connected in some way?

Thanks!

Vtxbe

Re: Heating and engine coolant

Beitrag von Vtxbe » 22.02.2019 13:17

Hi fleep,

I also have a 2007 JC and confirm on my : both system are full separated; not any connection between "Mercedes system" and "Westfalia system ".
The only common point is the intake in the fuel tank.
Since I add an Airtronic 4kW, I removed the Mercedes pre heater ( it was out of service ) without any trouble on one or the other system.

Just , both burners are seated in the same location but I don't feel the loss of heat of the first can warms the other.

Vincent

fleep

Beitrag von fleep » 22.02.2019 23:00

Hi,

Thanks for the information! Where did you fit the Airtronic? And did you consider the 2KW version versus the 4KW? Can you adjust the heat output down from the full 4KW? I think the whole 4kw would be a lot of heat for the JC unless the temperature was extremely cold outside...

Vtxbe

Beitrag von Vtxbe » 23.02.2019 07:22

The 4kW airtronic is located under the passenger seat; it is narrow but it works well.

about 4kW vs 2kW :

- by outside -8° and a little bit of wind, you will be happy with 4kW to get a comfortable situation after 15 minutes.
- when the heater works on low power (most of the time once the comfort temperature is reached) the electrical need is lower with 4kW than 2kW; check the technical data chart of both heaters ( D2 at 850 W heating power = 8watt electrical against D4 at 900 W heating power = 7 Watt electrical power )
- because the diameter of the suction/pulse pipe is bigger with 4kW vs 2kW, the speed of the air flow at 850-900W power is lower; the noise is lower and the lifetime of the good increase.
- job (labor) is the same with the same (a workshop fitted the heater, I don't do that my self but I know all the details of the job)
- 2kW isn't really cheaper than 4kW.

I enjoy my choice and will do the same if I have to renew.

More by mp or phone

Vtxbe

Beitrag von Vtxbe » 02.03.2019 07:25

pictures of the airtronic 4kW under the passenger seat :

Bild

Bild

Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 3 (2006-2012)“