Panoramic roof spoiler

die zweite Generaton Sprinter (NCV3)
Antworten
lunatic

Panoramic roof spoiler

Beitrag von lunatic » 02.08.2023 11:20

James Cook arrived in Canada safely and now checking everything out.

One item is that the panoramic roof spoiler does not retract when the glass roof is closed. Does not appear to be any leaks or problems, but the spoiler is stuck up. See photo.

I am going to look at the mechanism to see if something is jammed. Any ideas what I should do to get the spoiler to close?

Thanks.
Dateianhänge
Pano roof 1.jpg
Pano roof 1.jpg (270.87 KiB) 1254 mal betrachtet

lunatic

Re: Panoramic roof spoiler

Beitrag von lunatic » 03.08.2023 00:56

Update. I cleaned out the debris and lubricated all the catches and springs etc. The spoiler now moves up and down very freely. It seems the reason it will not close completely is that the 2 wires each side of the spoiler "bottom out" and so the spoiler will not go down as the panoramic electric roof closes.

This does not seem to be affecting anything, but it would be good to get it closed. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

lunatic

Beitrag von lunatic » 29.01.2024 12:15

Question on the sliding roof.

Spoiler is free and goes up and down properly. BUT (see image) it does not go right down when panoramic roof closed. I am considering removing the wire guide clips either side of the spoiler and fixing the spoiler down. We never drive with the roof open and anyway it would be easy to get the spoiler up again.

Here is the key question. If I remove the 2 guide wires that bring the spoiler down, will the panoramic roof still close properly and will it stop closing at the correct point? Or is it the wires guide that act as a STOP for the roof closing?

I do not want to create a big problem with the panoramic roof closing!

Advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ian

Vtxbe

Beitrag von Vtxbe » 01.02.2024 19:36

I feel the master is the roof, the spoiler is the slave.
I believe that the roof stops when the electrical current increases due to the motor stops by the final position.
Anti pinch works similar.

lunatic

Beitrag von lunatic » 02.02.2024 11:27

Thanks for the reply. So if the spoiler and wires were not there at all, the sliding roof should still close correctly.........

I will test when it comes out of storage.

If anyone else has any technical knowledge that would help me, I would appreciate it.

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 3 (2006-2012)“