Bathroom panel above window removal

die zweite Generaton Sprinter (NCV3)
Antworten
lunatic

Bathroom panel above window removal

Beitrag von lunatic » 02.09.2023 16:13

I need to remove the panel above the bathroom window to access the back of the plastic with the window hinges on. The attached instructions sent to me are excellent as far as they go. But there is no mention as to how to remove panel # 5 in the diagram.

Once you have removed everything in the instructions, including the roller blind, can you just pull panel # 5 off, or are there crews behind the left hand small panel # 1?

Instructions attached. I have also attached an image only of the panel numbers.

Thank you, Ian
Dateianhänge
Picture1_edited.jpg
Picture1_edited.jpg (219.5 KiB) 1909 mal betrachtet
Demontage Badezimmer_Heizungsventile.pdf
(4.7 MiB) 24-mal heruntergeladen

lunatic

Re: Bathroom panel above window removal

Beitrag von lunatic » 02.09.2023 16:21

Another image attached showing the same panels. This time, the panel I need to remove is labeled # 4.

Do I have to take the panel behind the toilet off to get access to the screws on the left at # 3 in the attached image? I hope not.............

Ian
Dateianhänge
1_edited.jpg
1_edited.jpg (184.05 KiB) 1907 mal betrachtet

lunatic

Beitrag von lunatic » 03.09.2023 16:18

UPDATE

It looks like panel # 5 is behind the panels with the mirrors on and the toilet wall. We are reluctant to remove all the bathroom panels and toilet to be able to remove panel # 5!

I have easily got through instructions 1 through 4. The next instruction is "Unscrew the screws (7) of the roller blind (6)". However, there is no way of getting at the screw holes to get to the roller blind screws as the plastic underneath the small panels (1 in diagram) are in the way. See attached images of where I am at.

The red arrows show where the roller blind screws are, but you cannot get at them as the plastic with the velcro on is blocking a screwdriver.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get the screws out and then pull the roller blind frame out?

I really need to remove the roller blind so that Mercedes can get to the inside of the blacks plastic window frame. Other than breaking off some of the plastic to get at the screw holes, I am not sure where to go next.

Thank you, Ian
Dateianhänge
21 right side bathroom window.jpg
21 right side bathroom window.jpg (738.88 KiB) 1879 mal betrachtet
Roller blind screws_edited.jpg
Roller blind screws_edited.jpg (85.63 KiB) 1879 mal betrachtet

Never ending project

Beitrag von Never ending project » 03.09.2023 18:42

Hallo Ian,
vermutlich ist der james cook nicht dafür gebaut worden, an die Stellen nochmal dran zu müssen. Ich würde mir, ehe ich eine ganze Wand und eine Toilette ausbaue, in die über den Schrauben befindliche Kunststoffverkleidung über den darunter liegenden Schrauben zwei "Serviceöffnungen" sprich ausreichend große Löcher bohren, durch die Du dann die tieferliegenden Schrauben entfernen kannst. Der Bereich wird ja später wieder durch die mit Klett aufgebrachten Verkleidungen verdeckt.
Bleibt die Frage, ob Du die Rollokasette dann durch die vorhandene Öffnung entfernen kannst oder doch noch die Verkleidung runter muß. Vielleicht würde ich sogar für die drei Schrauben links (Nr. 3) Servicebohrungen anlegen und die später durch passende Kunststoffkappen verdecken. Ich bin da relativ schmerzfrei, wenn ich irgendwo dran will......

Viel Erfolg beim weiteren Zerlegen und der Reparatur des Scheibenrahmens

Gruß aus Braunschweig vom Arnd
Hauptsache: Daimler.......man gönnt sich ja sonst nichts! JC 1986 "Wanderdüne" 260000km (T1) ;

lunatic

Beitrag von lunatic » 03.09.2023 19:20

"Never ending project" is a perfect title!

Thanks for the ideas re the holes. I did consider that and I think it is a good plan. As far as removal of the roller blind and frame, I guess I will see. It does look a very tight fit.

If I can get the roller blind out, the repair shop will then have full access behind the black plastic and access to the back of the window hinges. This is what I need.

I appreciate the idea.

Ian

Vtxbe

Beitrag von Vtxbe » 13.09.2023 20:26

Im waiting your next step with large interest.
Good luck and don't forget to report us how to do.
br
Vincent.

lunatic

Beitrag von lunatic » 14.09.2023 00:51

Update!!

We managed to get the small screws out with some innovation from my wife by using a small screwdriver and pliers. Getting the screen frame out was easy. We did not remove the upper bathroom panel.

Once all our plastic moulding restoration was done by Mercedes, we put the JC back together today. Harder to get the screws in than out.

A story with a good ending. We are off on our first Canadian camping trip in our JC tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.

Ian

Never ending project

Beitrag von Never ending project » 14.09.2023 05:46

Hallo Ian,
ja, so ist es meistens....zu zweit findet man die besten Ideen und Lösungen. Viel Freude an Eurem wiederhergestellten James Cook und eine tolle Reise durch Canada wünschen Euch

Inge und Arnd aus Braunschweig
Hauptsache: Daimler.......man gönnt sich ja sonst nichts! JC 1986 "Wanderdüne" 260000km (T1) ;

netsailor

Beitrag von netsailor » 14.09.2023 08:22

lunatic hat geschrieben:
14.09.2023 00:51
Update!!
---plastic moulding restoration was done by Mercedes,----
A story with a good ending.

We are off on our first Canadian camping trip ...
Ian
Congratulations!
Do you have some pictures of what was done to restore the plastic moulding?

Happy camping days - I might do the same this weekend.

Cheers
Stefan
James Cook Classic 318CDI 3,5t Automatik EZ 4.08; Eigenausbau 207D EZ1977 bis 2001
Bild

lunatic

Beitrag von lunatic » 14.09.2023 12:01

Attached are a few images of the repairs carried out in Canada. The focus was to solidify the plastic under the hinges. The work seems excellent and hopefully permanent. Time of course will tell..................

Good luck with your own repairs.

Ian
Dateianhänge
Bathroom.jpg
Bathroom.jpg (251.82 KiB) 1711 mal betrachtet
Utility centre.jpg
Utility centre.jpg (211.79 KiB) 1711 mal betrachtet
Dining outside.jpg
Dining outside.jpg (161.17 KiB) 1711 mal betrachtet
Dining inside.jpg
Dining inside.jpg (201.16 KiB) 1711 mal betrachtet

Antworten