Webasto dualtop water heater working but not air

Hochdach und Classic (James Cook Hochdach) - Winkelküchengrundriss auf VW Crafter oder Sprinter NCV3
Antworten
blackvanman

Beitrag von blackvanman » 27.12.2016 13:36

My 2010 Seven Hedin has the Webasto Dual Top 100 RHA. It's been working fine for the past few months, but after a quick pre trip test yesterday, I now have warning code for a faulty fan with five red flashes, and the unit is not pushing any hot air into the van.

So as part of the elimination process, I have been hunting for the 3 fuses that are mentioned in the webasto user manual, a 5A and 2x10A, apparently one of the 10A fuses is a fan controller fuse but myself and an electrical savvy friend are unable to locate it.

We have hunted hi and low, around the battery, near the webasto but have had no luck.

All I have found is the one obvious 25A fuse in the set of six with the fridge fuse, 12V fuse, etc, this fuse kills the whole unit, and also there is a 3A fuse behind the controller, but I can't find the three fuses mentioned several times by webasto.

Am I looking for something that's not in the Sven Hedin?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks Alex

blackvanman

Re: Webasto dualtop water heater working but not air

Beitrag von blackvanman » 05.01.2017 10:46

Thanks Kalle

for clearing up about the fuse I thought I was going mad, I'd read the other link a few times already but I will ask webasto about the exchange programme and hopefully it still exists, fingers crossed , I'll post an update when i know more

thanks Alex

blackvanman

Beitrag von blackvanman » 05.01.2017 22:38

So my enquires to Webasto UK tech support have not revealed any knowledge of any recalls on Dual Top units. I also contacted two official local Webasto repair technicians who have never been aware of any exchange program. They also say there are lots of spare parts for the RHA100 and some of these are interchangeable with the new units.

However the one quote I have received has recommended replacing all the major components while the unit is ok quoting me £3600!!!!

I'm very reluctant to start repairing this unit and feel a new evo 6 is the best way froward.

Can anyone help me with a Webasto contact in Europe that might be able to confirm there is/was an exchange programme? Maybe I could drive to Europe to get new unit under and exchange.

Or what are the best dual top evo prices in Europe and who are the best fitting centres in Europe close to the UK border?

Thanks Alex

Antworten

Zurück zu „Sven Hedin (2008-2012)“