Einbau einer Lüfterdachhaube ,,Dometic Fan-Tastic Vent''

die ersten Sprinter (T1N)
Adrianlle

Re: Einbau einer Lüfterdachhaube ,,Dometic Fan-Tastic Vent''

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 26.03.2021 20:52

Thank you Thomas- not only did you know the answer to my question the profile but also that the correct name for it is an “upstand “!

I too would be interested to know how to get a permanent live into the bathroom roof. If necessary I will use the bathroom light feed at the rear of the light but I would prefer an independent live. So far I have tried pushing a flexible steel wire into the hole in the wardrobe that takes the water pipes to the boiler and the electrical cable to the truma ceiling controller and to the Bathroom light. But although I can push 2 metres of wire in , nothing emerges in the ceiling cavity ( with the light removed). I had not thought about removing the mirror.

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 26.03.2021 21:54

Moin Kalle,
als Distanzstück könnte man doch eine Siebdruckplatte entsprechend aussschneiden. Die sollten eigentlich sehr gut wasserfest sein.
Zum Strom: ja ich denke man kann beim T1N rüber zum Boiler, deswegen meine Frage wie es hinter dem Spiegel aussieht.
Danke für den Hinweis mit der Masse, wo sollte die denn dann am besten angeschlossen werden?

Bis die Tage, Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 26.03.2021 22:07

Ich habe mich gerade im Reparatur Leitfaden schlau gemacht.
Adrian, Du musst den Spiegel abschrauben (2 Kreuzschlitzschrauben im Kleiderschrank) - :!: ABER ACHTUNG :!: Spiegel durch 2. Person festhalten lassen sonst gibt es Bruch :!:
Dann kann man einfach das Kabel durch die Öffnung im Kleiderschrank nach oben führen.
Und wie Kalle schrieb Plus und Minus sauber anschliessen.

Gutes Gelingen, BG Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 26.03.2021 22:21

Thank you Thomas. So the mirror ( with a second person) it will be! Following Kalle’ helpful point about the connection ( including a separate 10 amp fuse) where do you envisage connecting in the positive and negative feeds- I’m not sure how to get to the feeds to the fridge.?

I’ve also looked again at your photos above abs it seems clear that there is no bead to worry about on the T1N.

OldWest

Beitrag von OldWest » 28.03.2021 00:36

1. Done--Easiest. Splice into bathroom light fixture. The wires are right there for easy access to fan. The bathroom light has its own switch as well as the outside the door switch.

2. Hypothetical--Parallel splice before the outside door switch wiring, and then run wires alongside the wires from switch to bathroom light. There should be a plastic conduit inside the closet for the wiring.

3. Hypothetical. Underneath the raised floor, right above the storage tunnel when looking through rear doors, a bunch of wires are covered up (along with drain pipes). If can figure out the wires there, can splice in.

The wires should go from under the floor, up through the closet interior. On the NAFTA version, we have a gray cloth cover over that side of the closet interior which conceals the wiring, plumbing, etc.

See OneManVan's posts #9 and #11 for space (unused in NAFTA version and may be smaller than James Cook space for boiler), and mirror.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ost-445238

(Added Note: The NAFTA version has an Airstream installed 12 volt tv outlet and powered tv antenna--so some NAFTA owners may have spliced into those wires. The back of the tv power outlet is accessible from inside the closet. James Cooks don't have.
2005 NAFTA (USA) Airstream Westfalia (2004 Dodge Sprinter) Version of James Cook

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 28.03.2021 20:53

Good Evening Kalle. Yes, there is a positive and negative behind the bathroom light in the T1N. However splicing into that will mean switching the bathroom light off and on by it’s switch while leaving switch outside the door permanently on in order to provide power to the fan. Although that is not the end of the world , it is not ideal and an independent fused supply would be better. So Oldwest’s suggestions are helpful. I think however that the bathroom mirror will have to be removed in order to access the conduit from the wardrobe to the roof- using a fishing wire has not proved successful without removing the mirror. Finally, from your work has it proved necessary to make a thicker/wider wooden frame between the roof skins in order to screw the fan into? I am planning on doing the work on Wednesday.

Kind Regards
Adrian

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 31.03.2021 17:12

Well, installed the Maxxfan today. So far taken about 6 hours. What’s remaining to do is install garnish ring ( which fits as supplied without trimming) and the led maxxshade. If I’ve done my measurements correctly then the shade will just fit without impeding opening of top cupboard doors in bathroom( though there is a way of fitting the fan to enable that to work). For the moment I have wired it up to the bathroom light as that was easy without removing mirror. Although the look of the rear overhang needs adjusting to after the look of the Heki, I really like the look of it when the hood is up! At slower speeds the noise is almost imperceptible and pulls a good flow of air. So thank you all for the help which as always has been fantastic. When it’s all done in next few days I will do a stage by stage write up with tips and photos. Think I will do that in a separate thread called Maxxfan rather than continue piggybacking on Jurgen’s fit id the Fantastic Fan. Adrian.

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 31.03.2021 19:39

Hallo Adrian,
super, dass das so gut geklappt hat. Ja bitte Fotos - Danke.
Die Idee mit dem neuen Thread "Maxxfan" ist auch sehr gut.

Viele Grüße, schöne Ostern

Thomas
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

ojanke

Beitrag von ojanke » 01.05.2022 18:53

Hallo liebe JC Gemeinde,

ich würde gern einen DOMETIC FANTASTIC VENT in die mittlere Dachluke in der Küche eines 312d BJ1999 einbauen.
Ich hoffe das ebenso is ebenso möglich wie bei den 2000-2006ern.

Hat das jemand schon gemacht und/oder gesehen und evtl. Tipps dazu?

Vielen Dank im Voraus

Herzliche Grüße
Oliver
JC T1N BJ 99 - rot wird ein youngtimer werden 8)

Jürgen

Beitrag von Jürgen » 01.05.2022 21:13

Hallo Oliver!
Genau das habe ich gemacht und ist gleich am Anfang vom Beitrag so beschrieben. Das Verfahren ist bei Dir das gleiche. Sind baugleich bis 2006 diesbezüglich die Modelle.
Gruß Jürgen
James Cook 313 CDI
Baujahr 2000
Jahresfahrleistung 10000 km
Verschrottungszeitpunkt ab 250000 km

ojanke

Beitrag von ojanke » 02.05.2022 07:57

Super! lieben Dank Jürgen, dann werde ich das angehen!

Herzliche Grüße
Oliver

ojanke

Beitrag von ojanke » 22.08.2022 19:54

Hallo liebe JC Freunde,
habe jetzt eine 3750, macht wirklich einen Unterschied, endlich Luft auch wenn sich draußen nichts rührt!

Das einzige was stört ist die laute Fernbedienung, findet ihr das auch?

Viele Grüße
Oliver

Jürgen

Beitrag von Jürgen » 22.08.2022 22:02

Hallo Oliver!
Laute Fernbedienung ???
Kannst Du das mal näher beschreiben!
Oder meinst Du den elektrischen Stellmotor für die Haube?
Der ist tatsächlich nicht lautlos. Außer bei der Version mit Handkurbelknauf.
Gruß Jürgen
James Cook 313 CDI
Baujahr 2000
Jahresfahrleistung 10000 km
Verschrottungszeitpunkt ab 250000 km

ojanke

Beitrag von ojanke » 22.08.2022 22:45

also meine piepst schrecklich bei dem Tastendruck… ich mach morgen ein Video, jetzt ist es zu laut :cry:

wilbur

Re: Installation d'un capot de toit de ventilateur ,,Dometic Fan-Tastic Vent''

Beitrag von wilbur » 29.02.2024 17:50

Félicitations,
Superbe boulot, cela représente combien d'heures de travail pour la transformation ?
Visiblement , tu es bien équipé.
Je cherche également à mettre un extracteur d'air, car en été en corse, les nuits sont très chaudes.
Aurais-tu une adresse a me communiquer prés de Sarrebruck , pour réaliser les travaux ?
Merci d'avance Wilbur.

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 2 (1995-2006)“