Einbau einer Lüfterdachhaube ,,Dometic Fan-Tastic Vent''

die ersten Sprinter (T1N)
Jürgen

Re: Einbau einer Lüfterdachhaube ,,Dometic Fan-Tastic Vent''

Beitrag von Jürgen » 22.06.2020 22:40

Schiepri hat geschrieben:
22.06.2020 19:07
Wie hast du den Zwischenrahmen aus der 21mm Siebdruckplatte befestigt?
Ich sehe auf dem Foto Schraubenköpfe. Hast du den Zwischenrahmen durch die Reisshaube in den originalen geschraubt?
Hallo Patrick!
Ganz genau so habe ich es gemacht. Der selbstgebaute Zwischenrahmen ist mit dem ohnehin vorhandenen original Zwischenrahmen verschraubt, die Schrauben gehen dabei durch den Rahmen der alten abgefrästen Reisshaube.
Ich würde es genau so wieder machen!
Bin gerade mit dem Cooki schon genau 3 Wochen am Stück unterwegs in Norddeutschland, es ist sehr warm die Tage und die Haube spielt ihr volles Potienzial aus, wie unser admin Peter es schon gut beschrieben hat.
Frischluftversorgung, Wärme- und Kochdunstableitung funktioniert super, die Geräuschentwicklung hält sich in durchaus erträglichen Grenzen, das der Lüfter laut ist trifft nicht zu.
Bin sehr zufrieden und kann es nur empfehlen.
Gruß Jürgen
James Cook 313 CDI
Baujahr 2000
Jahresfahrleistung 10000 km
Verschrottungszeitpunkt ab 250000 km

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 23.06.2020 10:32

This is probably a stupid question but has anyone considered fitting a fantastic fan or omnivent in the roof of a Yellow furniture Cook with the Heki 4 ? Is there enough room ? Would the structural strength of the roof be compromised? If possible not something I could do myself but for Manfred Ermel. Any thoughts? Adrian

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 23.06.2020 20:39

On the assumption it cannot be fitted over the kitchen on a post 2004 Cook Can those who have fitted the fan-tastic fan to post 2004 Cooks instead of the bathroom Heki give their experience? Is it effective?How much of an issue is it to have to keep the bathroom door open in general use? If left open at night is the morning light disturbing of the Cook excellent blackout? Have you gone for the black ,white or clear external covers? Seriously considering doing this so want to be sure it’s worth it compared with say an Endless Breeze fan standing on a kitchen surface. Thanks

OldWest

Beitrag von OldWest » 24.06.2020 00:24

1. Popular Modification in the USA

The changeout of the bathroom vent for a Fantastic Vent or Fan is a popular modification in the USA. There are various options for the dome, including a very flat lid. It seems many people choose a clear or tinted dome but I went with the solid white flat lid--it's is lower height and keeps sun out.

In the USA, we had to purchase a European size 16" x 16" (400 x 400) Fantastic Fan to fit. Standard size in the USA is 14" x 14".

There are some owners in the Pacific Northwest USA (mild cloudy climate) who skip the modification as unnecessary in their climate.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ost-834222

2. MaxxAir Substitute

Other owners have gone with the MaxxAir fan instead of the bathroom vent. The main advantage of the MaxxAir has a built-in hood cover so the fan can be left open even when raining (and also, don't have to worry about direct sun). The MaxxAir hood is longer than a Fantastic Fan and extends over the back of the van.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ost-583131

3. OneManVan Modification

OneManVan in the USA took an Endless Breeze fan and mounted it inside the bathroom vent. It is removable. Thus, he retains the original bathroom vent and adds a removable, also flipdown, fan.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ost-678796

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ost-454602

4. Bathroom Door and Other Ventilation

There are various ways to keep the bathroom door open for maximum ventilation, including hooks, magnetic doorstops, etc.

AutoCamp also has a small hook which goes between the door handle latch and one of the metal hooks in the frame. This keeps the bathroom door slightly ajar rather than fully open.

http://eat-drink-men-women.blogspot.com ... l?m=1#more

In the USA, our version has an air conditioner with vents. By opening the compartment door above the bathroom door, air flows from inside the bathroom to the rest of the van.

Folks will open the slide wing vents for ventilation back to the Fantastic Fan.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ost-390481

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ads/39151/

5. Modification Idea

There is another idea for mounting a fan inside the large Heki skylight. Some non-Westy owners have done something like that using eyehooks and a fan.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ost-620963

6. USA Kitchen Fan

The USA version has an air conditioner. One person has removed the air conditioner and cut a hole in the kitchen area ceiling for a fan. Look for Westy #248.

All of the above can be searched at:

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?forums/68/
2005 NAFTA (USA) Airstream Westfalia (2004 Dodge Sprinter) Version of James Cook

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 24.06.2020 08:24

Thank you Old West. That’s v helpful.

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 24.06.2020 15:26

Old West, as I already have an Endless Breeze I’m going to have a go at the mod of hinging that into the existing Heki in the bathroom. I will see if some stainless steel piano hinge works- I have some somewhere. Aesthetics are important to me though so I think I can get by using one of the covers of the fan facing down and still operate the mosquito screen. Then I will try to paint the intermediate wood to match the surround. It would be better if I could locate some plastic cladding. Finally I have ordered from Amazon a step less control switch ( like Jurgen’s) and board inc 3 way switch so that it can operate blowing or extraction. So will see how I get on and will report back. If anyone has any ideas about the cosmetic side then good to hear from you.

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 02.07.2020 17:31

Has anyone apart from those on the US forum considered fitting a Maxxfan Deluxe in the bathroom instead of the Heki? There is a small rear overhang but the specification and the price seem much better than a Fantastic Fan?

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 19.03.2021 11:02

Hallo Leute,

ich rufe diesen Beitrag mal wieder auf - mich interessiert auch, ob schon jemand den Maxxfan anstelle der Dachluke im Bad eingebaut hat.

Jürgen hat ja sehr ausführlich von seinem super Umbau berichtet, aber ich überlege den Maxxfan zu verwenden...

Bleibt gesund und munter,

BG Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 19.03.2021 21:43

Servus Kalle,

soweit bin ich noch nicht, aber ich denke 2 Lüftungsgitter in der Badtüre wären ok (so wie bei Carsten, netsrac).
Dann kann man entweder oben, um die warme Luft aus dem Wohnraum abzusaugen öffnen, oder unten um mit kälterer Luft das Bad zu lüften, z.B. im Herbst um nasse Klamotten die im Bad hängen mit der Heizung zu trocknen. (Konvektion...)

Welche anderen Kanäle hast Du versucht?

Bin mal gespannt auf Deinen Einbaubericht.

Hoffentlich sind wir bald alle geimpft, ich will raus

Bg Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 20.03.2021 11:25

Interesting to see that I am not the only one considering a Maxxfan deluxe in the bathroom. I’ve decided to do this and am just waiting for stock of the clear domed fan at my Suppliers. I am also going to try installing the max shade plus ( with led lighting) as that will enable me to use the fan but still have the bathroom blacked out at night. As fir the vents , I am not going to drill/cut anything until I am happy with the performance of the fan. Then I hope we can pool our thoughts on what will work best and be most appealing aesthetically.

BulliFan

Beitrag von BulliFan » 21.03.2021 11:21

Moin, habe mich auch für den MaxxFan Deluxe entschlossen und werde ihn wie von Jürgen beschrieben mit Hilfe des alten Rahmens einbauen. Falls es also noch kurzfristige Tipps gibt würde ich mich darüber freuen.
VG Stefan
Stefan

JC 2003, silber

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 21.03.2021 12:22

Oder, wenn das nicht so funktioniert gibt´s da auch noch den Innenrahmen extra dazu (Maxx Shade)
Sogar mit LED, aber die brauchts eigentlich nicht.
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 21.03.2021 12:23

Kalle, wie hast Du das vor?
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 21.03.2021 12:44

Hier das hab ich bei YT gefunden:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02AQeqJpUKs

Toni baut einen Maxx Fan ein.

Wäre noch interessant, zu wissen, ob der Montage Rahmen und der Abdeck Rahmen, den Toni hier verwendet standartmässig beim MaxxFan dabei sind...

Soweit, bleibt gesund

LG Thomas
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

Jens L

Beitrag von Jens L » 22.03.2021 15:01

Hallo Thomas,

der Maxx Fan ist ja wirklich nicht schlecht, könnte mir auch gefallen.
Als Ersatz für das Heki im Bad ist aber die Haube mit 58,5cm zu lang. Da steht ja die geschlossene Haube hinten über. :roll:
Oder sehe ich das falsch?

Grüße Jens
James Cook 316CDI 3,84t EZ: 07/2005 silber, 4x rote Koni, Goldschmitt Zusatzluftfahrwerk hinten,
Zusatz-Federung CoilSpring vorn, BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 225/75R16 115S, Differentialsperre,
Solarmodul 180Wp

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 2 (1995-2006)“