Change history

die ersten Sprinter (T1N)
Antworten
basquebondissant

Change history

Beitrag von basquebondissant » 07.10.2020 12:08

Hello,

I think a number of us have made modifications and changes to our JCs over time. I tried to list mine:
- Change from Eberspascher D3LP to Eberspascher D4S with an autonomous unit installed in place of the temperature sensor.
Interest: Gives the exact temperature in the vehicle as well as the desired temperature obtained with the heating. You can turn it on from the bed.
- Installation of an air intake for supplying the clean water tank. This is to repair a design error in the water circuit. Originally on the James Cooks of this time, the clean water tank has no air intake which means that it is subjected to an overpressure (when filling) and to a depression (when drawing the water). 'water). This repeated mechanism ends up weakening it.
- Modification of the 2 water level probes (clean and used) by probes for boat tanks and installation of 2 round level displays 1 black for waste water and 1 white for clean water in the kitchen.
Interest: In general I do not find the use of the electronic control unit convenient. It is very visible when you are in the cockpit but not when you are cooking or behind. Also, each time I have to modify a device that she controls I try to free myself from it.
- Modification of bedding. With my wife we ​​sleep upstairs. The first modification I made was to put on a Froli box spring. But with age (70) I also changed the original mattress by a commercial mattress in 190x140 in bultex 18 cm thick. The transformation has been radical. We never have back pain again and we sleep like at home. The downside is that we never fold the bed up again. In use I find it rather practical.
- Modification of the Webasto roof window by a Midi heiki. It's work but if I had known the difference it makes I would have done it long before. This changes everything in terms of comfort and brightness. No more condensation in the morning, large opening with mosquito net. Even in very hot summer, opening the midi-Heiki wide with the additional 2 open side windows is a very appreciable source of comfort.
- Replacement of the 2 Gel 100Ah batteries by 2 LifePo4 Lithium 100Ah batteries with a smart connection to be able to deport the battery status data to a smartphone. Display installed in the kitchen next to the displays for clean and dirty water.
- Replacement of the Bosch battery charging relay with a Sterling Power 12V dc / dc 60A booster charger.
These 2 modifications were carried out at the same time.
Autonomy has greatly increased but this is not the most important. What I was looking for above all is to be able to recharge my daily consumption (30A) in a minimum of driving time. With this system in 1/2 hour of driving I recharge a day of consumption. When traveling, winter is magnificent.
- I also changed the regulator of the solar panel with an MPPT from Victron suitable for the new batteries.
The Mercedes Sprinter has 284 000 km but the engine has only 100,000 km. Apart from routine maintenance, I haven't had to change anything. I just replaced the hoses (in prevention) and the leaky air conditioning exchanger.
I would now like to replace the front and rear suspensions (I think red koning )
I also have to change the bathroom skylight as well as the Fraron 220V battery charger with one suitable for the LifePo4. I am thinking of doing this for 2021.

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 2 (1995-2006)“