Separate control of heater fan without heating

die ersten Sprinter (T1N)
Antworten
MarcLindberg

Separate control of heater fan without heating

Beitrag von MarcLindberg » 04.04.2021 15:46

Hi, I have a JC T1N from 2002

Is it possible to connect a secondary controller to the heating fan, so it is possible to regulate only the fan without heating?
It must still be possible to use the original Westfalia heating control.
I expect that the air is cooler below the camper than an intake from a fan on the roof.
Any suggestions how to do it?

Regards Marc

komposti

Re: Separate control of heater fan without heating

Beitrag von komposti » 04.04.2021 21:12

So wie ich Dich verstanden habe, möchtest Du die kühlere Luft von unter dem Auto ins Fahrzeug holen.
Das ist meiner Meinung nach so nicht möglich, weil die Heizung im Umluftbetrieb arbeitet und daher nur die Luft im Auto umwälzt.
Du müsstest also auf jeden Fall noch eine Umschaltung ( Luftklappe) an der Heizung aussen vorsehen, die den Umluftbetrieb umgeht.

Das Problem kühle Luft von unter dem Auto reinzuholen beschäftigt mich auch im Zusammenhang mit der Installation eines Maxxfan im Bad, der die warme Luft hinausbefördern soll. (Konvektion)

BG Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

OldWest

Beitrag von OldWest » 04.04.2021 21:52

1. Thomas is right. Air for heater comes from inside the van. (The air intake is right below.the air outflow vent behind the driver seat. You can't see it as it's behind the gray plastic panel.) The combustion chamber has its own tiny little air hose.

2. Concern is bringing exhaust into Westy when engine is running. So need openings away from exhaust.

3. Various folks in the USA on regular non-Westy Sprinters have added openings in the sliding door stepwell. Something which can be opened/closed.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ost-880026

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ads/36537/

Please post whatever you find and do. Thanks.
2005 NAFTA (USA) Airstream Westfalia (2004 Dodge Sprinter) Version of James Cook

OldWest

Beitrag von OldWest » 04.04.2021 22:03

When camping, there are a bunch of air inlets:

Top of dashboard radio are two fresh air intake vents. Leave open.

Use the Weathertech front door wind deflectors in a darker shade. Then when windows are cracked, the air deflectors conceal the openings. Made in Germany.

https://www.weathertech.com/dodge/2004/ ... eflectors/

https://www.eurocampers.com/2001--2006- ... _1044.html

For more security, can get little mesh metal window vents.

https://www.eurocampers.com/Sprinter-Ca ... _c_75.html

The big Heki skylight can be cracked open slightly without folks noticing it's open.

The fiberglass top side awning windows create a good airflow with the bathroom fan (Fantastic Vent or MaxxAir) when sleeping.
2005 NAFTA (USA) Airstream Westfalia (2004 Dodge Sprinter) Version of James Cook

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 05.04.2021 09:31

As I have just installed the Maxxfan I had to think how to get fresh ambient air into the Cook to create a flow , so that the fan would extract the hot air. I have a Webasto replacement for the Eberspracher. That has a non heat fan setting. However I concluded that would just be recirculating. I also have front window deflectors. So I concluded like Old West that leaving the front windows open a fraction under the deflectors and/or leaving open the dashboard fresh air vents would create enough opening fir fresh air to be drawn in when warm air was being expelled by the maxxfan. At night the solution is am to open the gullwing windows in the side of the roof. Once we can travel again after Lockdown I will update on how it’s working. Adrian

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 05.04.2021 11:17

Hi Adrian,

das Beste wäre die Frischluft so tief wie möglich, am besten unter dem Auto anzusaugen.
Leider fällt mir dazu auch noch keine Lösung ein ...

Sehe gerade die Kollegen im US Forum haben Löcher in die Trittstufe der Schiebetüröffnung gemacht
Danke, Old West :P

Frohe Ostern noch und bleib "negativ"
BG Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

MarcLindberg

Beitrag von MarcLindberg » 05.04.2021 17:35

Hi all, Thanks for all the good advice!

I will not take in the air from below due to the exhausting risk. I do not want to take the risk.

For the extra air intake, I will try to get both the front door metal mesh and outside wind screens.
In combination with the mid vents open, I hope it will be enough.

I have a universal ventilator which can turn both ways. The blades are black, not transparent, I hope it looks ok.
https://www.biltema.dk/bil---mc/tuning/ ... 2000032589
From other projects I have a speed regulator and a temperature switch.
I will try to build it for the roof vent, but not sure if it is best for the kitchen or the bathroom. I think I need to test it.

If I succeed with it, I will ofcause post it....if it fails, my backup plan is the fiamma turbo kit or maxxfan if I find the money 🙂

Good Easter 🐣

Best regards
Marc

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 05.04.2021 17:39

Yes Thomas but hard to figure something out. The step approach wouldn’t work for me as I have that area filled with a lift out piece of floor because I have a retractable electric step. However this thread has prompted me to look again at the literature for the Webasto Evotop 40 I installed a few years ago when the Eberspracher failed. I now recall fitting an air intake to the front of the unit well away from exhaust. In fact the literature tells me that supports a ventilation mode that draws in fresh air from under the Cook. It has 4 fan speeds and a timer. The outlets are the normal 3 normal ones in the Cook. The power draw of the Webasto fan is v low as well. So a benefit on warm days in conjunction with the maxxfan or a Fantastic fan

OldWest

Beitrag von OldWest » 05.04.2021 22:38

Marc:

OneManVan and Grozier in the USA took a freestanding fan and modified it to stick in the bathroom vent. The thread might be helpful:

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/inde ... ads/31833/

MarcLindberg

Beitrag von MarcLindberg » 05.07.2021 18:53

Thanks for a lot of inspiration and I manged to build a fan with temperature control and changeable speed. It needs more work to look good, but it works 👍 I also miss a switch to change direction of the fan.

MarcLindberg

Beitrag von MarcLindberg » 05.07.2021 18:56

20210626_121428.jpg
20210626_121428.jpg (1.8 MiB) 673 mal betrachtet
MarcLindberg hat geschrieben:
05.07.2021 18:53
Thanks for a lot of inspiration and I manged to build a fan with temperature control and changeable speed. It needs more work to look good, but it works 👍 I also miss a switch to change direction of the fan.

fritzelsalat

Beitrag von fritzelsalat » 06.07.2021 23:33

Hallo zusammen,
zur Belüftung des Innenraumes habe ich im Zuge des Heizungsaustausches - ich habe umgeswitched auf Webasto, mit Lüftungsfunktion - den Luftansaug mit HT-Abflussrohren neu gestaltet, über einen umgestalteten T-Abzweig kann nun Frischluft unterhalb des Fahrzeugs angesaugt werden. Der.Umbau Sommer-Winterbetrieb dauert ca. 5min.
Im Herbst wird die Aussenluftansaugung mit einem Deckel verschlossen und die Heizung arbeitet im Umluftbetrieb.
Im Frühjahr wird im Rohr die. Ansaugung aus dem Fahrzeug mit einem Rohrstück im HT-Rohr verschlossen und ein Bogen an Stelle des Deckels aufgesteckt.
Funktioniert prima, somit kann unser Hund ganz getrost auch mal bei höheren Temperaturen im Auto bleiben, und Heizen ist auch noch im Sommer möglich.

Viele Grüße
Dirk
312D, 1999, Automatik, AHK, DPF, Diff-Sperre, Tempomat, LiFePo mit Victron-Ladetechnik mit Wechselrichter, AT-Reifen 225/75R16 auf Proline-Felgen, Fahrradgepäckträger Eigenbau

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 2 (1995-2006)“