How does 240v shore power reach the sockets?

die ersten Sprinter (T1N)
Antworten
Adrianlle

How does 240v shore power reach the sockets?

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 01.07.2022 12:32

I am about to replace my ( failing) mains charger with a Victron charger / inverter. Before I start taking things apart , can someone tell me the route that the mains/ shore power takes from entering the van at the outside socket to reaching the 3 internal sockets. In particular, where in that route is the rcd protector and charger.
What I need to achieve is the break into the ac cable after the rcd so that I can feed it into the Victron and then back out into the ac cable to the 3 sockets. Thanks.

HerrmannOnTour

Re: How does 240v shore power reach the sockets?

Beitrag von HerrmannOnTour » 01.07.2022 18:06

Hallo,
Der Strom kommt von der Außensteckdose über ein dreiadriges Kabel auf den RCD. Von dort geht es dann mit drei dreiadrigen Kabeln weiter zu den Steckdosen. Außerdem ist ein weiteres dreiradriges Kabel dort angeschlossen, das auf das Ladegerät geht. Ich meine, dass dieses Kabel einen kleineren Querschnitt hat als die anderen drei.

Bei mir ist es so, dass ich sehr gut an die ganzen Anschlüsse der 230V-Verkabelung komme, wenn ich unter der Trockenfläche im Küchenschrank die Serviceklappe demontiere und die Befestigungsschrauben des RCD löse. Ist natürlich wenig Platz, so dass ich mit meinen dicken Fingern einiges zu tun hatte ;-)

Wenn ich dich richtig verstehe, möchtest du das Ladegerät austauschen. Wenn es um das Ladegerät der Botdbatterien geht: dieses befindet sich hinter der Service Klappe im Bereich des Fußraums vom unteren Bett. Dort endet die 230 V Verkabelung für das Ladegerät mit einem Kaltgerätestecker. Du könntest das Ladegerät ja auch hier platzieren und den entsprechenden Kaltgerätestecker weiter verwenden?

Beste Grüße,
Matthias
James Cook 312 D Automatik (Modell 1995-2000) EZ 01/1997, 2x100 Wp Solarmodule

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 01.07.2022 21:31

Thanks Matthew. That’s helpful as is your diagram and wiring diagram in your thread on an inverter. The Victron Multiplus I want to fit( I now have Lithium batteries) is a combined charger and 1600w inverter in one unit. I will fit it in the bottom cupboard under the hob. There is an ac pass through with an automatic switch that instantly switches to power from the inverter if it doesn’t detect ac power and vice versa. So a more sophisticated alternative to your manual switching.
It is a problem for me that the rcd has 3 seperate ac cables going from it to the 230v sockets. What I hoped to find was one ac cable after the rcd before it divides to the 3 sockets. That way I would have been able to cut the cable after the rcd then extend it to the ac in terminal of the Victron; and then run a new cable from the ac out terminal of the Victron to the other part of the cut cable that would then run to the sockets.
So at the moment I’m not sure how I might achieve that. I will think about it but if you or anyone has any ideas then as ever look forward to hearing them. Thanks

HerrmannOnTour

Beitrag von HerrmannOnTour » 01.07.2022 22:09

Hallo,
Jetzt wird es klarer für mich, danke!
Du könntest ja die drei einzelnen Kabel über Wagoklemmen (oder Klemmleisten oder oder) zusammenfassen, sodass nach dem RCD nur ein Kabel sitzt, wie gewünscht.

Nach dem Multiplus gibt es dann keinen RCD mehr. Hat der Multiplus einen RCD integriert (für den Inverterbetrieb)?

Beste Grüße,
Matthias

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 02.07.2022 11:36

Matthew, thanks for the suggestion. I think however that the Westfalia approach of having a rcd and 3 separate breakers to protect each of the 3 sockets sounds good and not something I would wish to change. Overnight I have been googling a lot! Victron have a product called Easy Solar which is a combined charger/inverter/ solar controller/ change over switch/ and ac distribution board. In that product Victron has placed the rcd and 3 ac socket breakers in the ac out cable from the unit and not the ac in. The assumption must be that the ac supply will have protection at the point of supply. So I will adopt the Victron approach. I will find the ac in cable to the Westfalia rcd/ breaker unit under the sink tray and reroute that to the ac in terminal of the Victron. And then run a new cable from the ac out terminal of the Victron to the Westfalia rcd/ breakers. The 3 sockets should then be protected and the Victron automatic change over switch decides whether it is mains ac or ac from the inverter. Sorry for such a long post!

HerrmannOnTour

Beitrag von HerrmannOnTour » 02.07.2022 12:18

If understand you right you will finally get two RCDs in a row? You can also think about removing the original Westfalia RCD…
As in the original RCD all switches are connected it will be the same result I guess: one failure leads to a complete poweroff of all sockets.

Best regards,
Matthias

Adrianlle

Beitrag von Adrianlle » 02.07.2022 13:56

Thanks Matthew. My explanation wasn’t clear enough I think. Plan is just to keep the existing Westfalia rcd/mcb. AC comes in from outside socket to Victron charger/ inverter and ac power comes out from that to the Westfalia rcd/mcb. So that approach relies on external power source protection to protect the Victron unit. I suppose I could connect another rcd between the outside socket and the Victron unit. That way both input ac and output ac would have protection. Adrian.

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 2 (1995-2006)“