Heki 4 Emergency crank handle

die ersten Sprinter (T1N)
Antworten
H14hpf

Heki 4 Emergency crank handle

Beitrag von H14hpf » 13.12.2023 22:23

Hi All,

UK James cook owner, I have today discovered I do not have the emergency crank handle for the HEKI 4 in my James cook. I would like to purchase a replacement handle encase it is ever needed in a situation where I cannot lower it electrically.

I have contacted UK vendors who all claim the item to be discontinued. I have found vendors in Germany who show the item as in stock but will not ship to the UK.

Does anybody have an alternative method of lowering the HEKI in an emergency?

Alternatively if a James Cook Freunde member has a spare to purchase or would be kind enough to purchase the item and send to the UK?

https://www.campingplus.de/ersatzteile/ ... nr.-bg1338

Best Regards,
Harry
2004 316CDI (OM612) Westfalia James Cook - Silver Bodywork - Yellow Interior
Based in the UK

komposti

Re: Heki 4 Emergency crank handle

Beitrag von komposti » 14.12.2023 15:38

Hi Harry,

hast Du schon genau nachgesehen?
Die Notkurbel sollte sich im Innenrahmen des HEKI befinden.
Dazu mußt Du zuerst den Außenrahmen entfernen, dann sollte sie zum Vorschein kommen.

BG Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

iCook

Beitrag von iCook » 15.12.2023 07:46

Hi,

the original plastic tool is a "shit" tool as my original slipped without transmitting enough torque. Even two replacements were not better in quality. A disappointment, a fail in my case.

I would consider getting serious about finding the corresponding tool in metal.

Even better: prepare to smart drive that electric (Bosch IXO or similar) or with an adequate quick wrenching ratchet tool as the gear ratio of the HEKI follows the logic: many turns required to change the HEKI angle only in increments. Very tiring, very slow... You will probably get wet when that happens with rain and HEKI fully open.

I attached pictures and had a litle trouble to find + match the right tool / hexagon socket in the sense that I think it is NOT a continental European (= metric) specification. I tested the attached non-metric tool at a friends house - with a degree of insecurity that this is the right one (to be confirmed).

( I stopped searching since I changed my HEKI drive, ref: https://forum.james-cook-freunde.de/vie ... ech#p60062 )

@Harry / @all: the attached tool is a UK specification, correct? May be you can test and share your results for the right tool / hexagon socket?

Best regards
Wolf
Dateianhänge
IMG_4967.jpeg
IMG_4967.jpeg (2.12 MiB) 1095 mal betrachtet
IMG_4966.jpeg
IMG_4966.jpeg (161.7 KiB) 1095 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von iCook am 15.12.2023 13:00, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.

iCook

Beitrag von iCook » 15.12.2023 08:29

Hallo,

den Rahmen im Notfall unter Stress und ggf. Regen zu demontieren um die Welle für das manuelle Schließen freizulegen ist aufwendig und das falsche Konzept.

Der Antrieb sitzt unter der "Abdeckung mit der roten LED". Diese kann im Standard / Original-Zustand nicht von außen entfernt werden.

Lösung:
- den Rahmen demontieren und die "Abdeckung mit der roten LED" von der Innenseite des Rahmens lösen
- danach Rahmen montieren (ohne die "Abdeckung mit der roten LED")
- danach "Abdeckung mit der roten LED" von außen verschrauben: zwei Schrauben von außen, Köpfe mit Kappen abdecken.

Vorteil:
>> Im Notfall kann dann der Rahmen des HEKI montiert bleiben und es muss nur die "Abdeckung mit der roten LED" entfernt werden.

Beste Grüße
Wolf
| Le voyage est court. Essayons de le faire en première classe. |
| Conquerors of the useless riding JC 08/2005 316 CDI, loaded |

H14hpf

Beitrag von H14hpf » 15.12.2023 16:16

komposti hat geschrieben:
14.12.2023 15:38
Hi Harry,

hast Du schon genau nachgesehen?
Die Notkurbel sollte sich im Innenrahmen des HEKI befinden.
Dazu mußt Du zuerst den Außenrahmen entfernen, dann sollte sie zum Vorschein kommen.

BG Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply, yes I have dismantled the inner frame and no tool. Obviously been used at some point and never put back.
Based in the UK

H14hpf

Beitrag von H14hpf » 15.12.2023 16:22

iCook hat geschrieben:
15.12.2023 07:46
Hi,

the original plastic tool is a "shit" tool as my original slipped without transmitting enough torque. Even two replacements were not better in quality. A disappointment, a fail in my case.

I would consider getting serious about finding the corresponding tool in metal.

Even better: prepare to smart drive that electric (Bosch IXO or similar) or with an adequate quick wrenching ratchet tool as the gear ratio of the HEKI follows the logic: many turns required to change the HEKI angle only in increments. Very tiring, very slow... You will probably get wet when that happens with rain and HEKI fully open.

I attached pictures and had a litle trouble to find + match the right tool / hexagon socket in the sense that I think it is NOT a continental European (= metric) specification. I tested the attached non-metric tool at a friends house - with a degree of insecurity that this is the right one (to be confirmed).

( I stopped searching since I changed my HEKI drive, ref: https://forum.james-cook-freunde.de/vie ... ech#p60062 )

@Harry / @all: the attached tool is a UK specification, correct? May be you can test and share your results for the right tool / hexagon socket?

Best regards
Wolf
Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the reply, I had already measured the shaft and it measured 6.4-6.5mm which converts to 1/4” which is imperial (old english).

The hard thing is the shaft is 8sided rather than 6sided, possibly adapt a larger socket with the use of JB weld/ chemical metal to form the correct size socket internally.

I hope to never need to use it!

Thanks,
Harry
Based in the UK

H14hpf

Beitrag von H14hpf » 15.12.2023 16:26

iCook hat geschrieben:
15.12.2023 08:29
Hallo,

den Rahmen im Notfall unter Stress und ggf. Regen zu demontieren um die Welle für das manuelle Schließen freizulegen ist aufwendig und das falsche Konzept.

Der Antrieb sitzt unter der "Abdeckung mit der roten LED". Diese kann im Standard / Original-Zustand nicht von außen entfernt werden.

Lösung:
- den Rahmen demontieren und die "Abdeckung mit der roten LED" von der Innenseite des Rahmens lösen
- danach Rahmen montieren (ohne die "Abdeckung mit der roten LED")
- danach "Abdeckung mit der roten LED" von außen verschrauben: zwei Schrauben von außen, Köpfe mit Kappen abdecken.

Vorteil:
>> Im Notfall kann dann der Rahmen des HEKI montiert bleiben und es muss nur die "Abdeckung mit der roten LED" entfernt werden.

Beste Grüße
Wolf
Hi Wolf,

This make sense, my heki has been modified like that already which in an emergency will make things easier!

Thanks Again
Based in the UK

iCook

Beitrag von iCook » 15.12.2023 17:37

Hallo Harry,

when desaster struck me I did the following:

1. quickly detached the arms of the drive mechanism from the window
2. layed down the arms
3. closed the window
4. secured the window with "gorilla-tape" (roof-side, outside)

This was the easy way out.

Except for reaching the roof from the outside. Being in transit I parked along a wall as I did not have a ladder at hand...

Best regards
Wolf

iCook

Beitrag von iCook » 15.12.2023 17:47

Hallo Harry,

Hexagon is wrong of course, my mistake, sorry.

Would that be the right term for the tool:

"1/4 inch 8-point octagon locknut wrench" ?

or even "wrench nut with internal serration" ?

Challenging: neither my native language nor my industry / branch...

Best regards
Wolf

komposti

Beitrag von komposti » 15.12.2023 19:39

Servus Wolf,

wie hast Du denn die Arme so schnell abbekommen?
Die Idee ist bestechend.

BG Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

iCook

Beitrag von iCook » 15.12.2023 21:16

Hallo Thomas,
ich hatte Werkzeug dabei und habe die Schrauben manuell mit einem Schraubendreher rausgedreht.
(so meine Erinnerung, war unkompliziert)
Es gibt zahlreiche technische Zeichnungen mit einer Darstellung der einzelnen Bauteile des HEKI im Internet.
Je nach Defekt sind aber einige Ersatzteile nicht mehr leicht zu liefern.
Falls jemand ein Problem hat, würde ich die Suche auch auf UK und USA ausdehnen.
Beste Grüße
Wolf
| Le voyage est court. Essayons de le faire en première classe. |
| Conquerors of the useless riding JC 08/2005 316 CDI, loaded |

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 2 (1995-2006)“