Roof mounted air conditioning

die zweite Generaton Sprinter (NCV3)
Antworten
fleep

Roof mounted air conditioning

Beitrag von fleep » 25.08.2019 22:28

Hi,

I am looking at options for the installation of roof mounted Airco for my JC. At the moment the van has a Viesa Holiday 2 evaporating cooler, which would be perfect for a desert, but no use in the UK where it is always wet. This was installed in the van before I purchased, and was fitted in Italy where I think these coolers are popular.

What I need to understand is the layout of the roof (my Heki is gone and I have a cooler on the roof), so unless I remove the old unit, I have no idea what to expect.

Can anyone help with detailed photographs and dimensions of the 'natural' roof on a JC, especially at the rear where the Heki window is normally installed?

Also, have any forum members installed AC on the roof, and if so, which ones fit? I am looking at the Truma Comfort (it will also heat which is a good option). Dometic also seem to be a popular choice. Ideally, it would be good to have this working on an inverter (I have a 1500W Dometic/Waeco inverter and will be going for Lithium batteries soon).

Many thanks! 8)

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 3 (2006-2012)“