Bathroom Door adjustment

die zweite Generaton Sprinter (NCV3)
Antworten
lunatic

Bathroom Door adjustment

Beitrag von lunatic » 10.09.2023 18:55

Our bathroom door has always been tight and level all the way up with the magnet connecting to the post magnet.

Last few days I have noticed that the door is tight at the bottom, but has a slight gap at the top. I tried adjusting the height of the lintel using the Allen screw adjustor (see arrow pointing down in the attached image). Even with the screw undone and loose, the lintel hardly moves up at all as it is heavy and hard to move. I made sure the bathroom door was open when I was trying to adjust to keep the weight off the lintel. See image - this is the screw I am trying to adjust with.

I suspected the rail had broken and dropped, but it is very solid with no movement anywhere.

The door closes pretty tight and does not come open when driving.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to adjust the door so that it closes properly at the top?

Thanks! Ian
Dateianhänge
Bathroom door adjustor_edited.jpg
Bathroom door adjustor_edited.jpg (27.88 KiB) 1025 mal betrachtet

lunatic

Re: Bathroom Door adjustment

Beitrag von lunatic » 05.10.2023 17:16

Update!

See images. Number 0 shows a slight gap at the top of the bathroom door. My logic is that the right side of the door has to go down, or the left side has to go up. Is that correct thinking?

I tried adjusting the screw in image # 1, but as you can see it is all the way up. I tried down, but that makes it worse.

It looks like the problem is the left hand side of the door lintel, see images # 3 and 4. The plate seems to have dropped. The screws in # 4 are very tight, but even if I could loosen them, it does not seem that the left side of the lintel would go up anymore.

Has something slipped on the left side that I cannot adjust?

The door still closes OK, but I do want to straighten it as soon as possible.

Thank you for any advice and help.
Ian
Dateianhänge
4.jpg
4.jpg (165.96 KiB) 827 mal betrachtet
3.jpg
3.jpg (116.63 KiB) 827 mal betrachtet
1.jpg
1.jpg (126.48 KiB) 827 mal betrachtet
0.jpg
0.jpg (150.05 KiB) 827 mal betrachtet

lunatic

Re: Bathroom Door adjustment

Beitrag von lunatic » 05.10.2023 19:50

Another update!

See attached 2 images. I found that the support plate on the wardrobe was had the screws very loose. I leveraged up the lintel and then tightened the 2 support screws inside the closet. Image 3a shows the new height of the left side of the lintel. Image 5 shows one of the screws in the closet that was loose. Bathroom door tighter now. Learning something new every day.

Any other thoughts or ideas, please let me know.

Ian
Dateianhänge
5.jpg
5.jpg (145.78 KiB) 819 mal betrachtet
3a.jpg
3a.jpg (124.06 KiB) 819 mal betrachtet
3.jpg
3.jpg (116.63 KiB) 819 mal betrachtet

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 3 (2006-2012)“