General questions about JC

die älteren Modelle (T1), inkl. Skipper und Marco Polo
Antworten
V__BG

General questions about JC

Beitrag von V__BG » 02.08.2024 21:04

Hello friends, I am gathering info before I take the step of buying a JC.
I have never had a camper van. Let's assume you are originally from Germany and you travel to Spain or France or Italy, with an old JC with no photovoltaics. You are 2 adults.
so I wonder about the following:
1. Where do you stop if you want to be close enough to visit the city center?
2. How do you move from your van to the sightseeings u want to visit? City transport? Is there any risk for the van when left without presence?
3. What are the most biggest costs (mention just type of cost) you pay for a 7 day trip?

You may find the questions stupid, but please have in mind that I have no experience with camping or van life.
Please, excuse me.

komposti

Re: General questions about JC

Beitrag von komposti » 03.08.2024 17:30

Servus,
also ich versuch´s mal:

1.) Halten nur für Sehenswürdigkeiten, Stellplatz, für bessere Übenachtung: Campingplatz
2.) Hinkommen: E-Bikes, Stadtbus, Gefahr für den JC: na ja sicher in Palermo stärker als in München sehr stark Glücksache würde ich sagen.
3.) Kosten: Fahrzeugspezifisch, Kraftstoff ( Bei uns ca. 10 Liter/100 km) Campingplatz ca. 50.- Euro/Nacht, Stellplatz ca. 15.- Euro/Nacht.

Hoffe ich konnte helfen, BG Thomas
JC 2003, 316 CDI, Automatik, Alaskaweiß, gelbe Einrichtung, 85 W PV Anlage, Hinterachse luftunterstützt, AHK, Mopedbühne, usw...
Mittlerweile >225.000 km

V__BG

Beitrag von V__BG » 03.08.2024 18:51

Thank you, Thomas.
It was helpful.

KlassikJames

Beitrag von KlassikJames » 03.08.2024 19:32

Zu1. Man sucht sich einen Platz am besten mit Park4Night.
Parken während des Einkaufs kann schon riskant sein.
Es werden auch Fahrzeuge aufgebrochen, während die Besitzer in ihnen schlafen.
In Städten stehe ich wegen der Kriminalität immer auf geschlossenen Campingplätzen.

Zu 2. Fortbewegung in den Städten mit Bahn, Bus und Fahrrad. Taxi ist teuer.

Zu 3. in Frankreich kommt noch die Autobahnmaut hinzu.
Ein Euro-0 Fahrzeug mit 3m Höhe wird im Frankreich wie ein 40t LKW abgerechnet und das ist teurer als der verbrauchte Diesel.

Aus jüngster Erfahrung rechne ich mit einer „Burn-Rate“ um 500€ pro Woche Urlaub im Wohnmobil.
Das meiste Geld geht für Diesel, Maut und ggf. Fähren drauf.

In Frankreich und Spanien werden immer mehr Städte zu Umweltzonen in die man mit alten Fahrzeugen nicht mehr fahren darf.
Die Strafen sind teuer.

4. ein altes Auto braucht Rücklagen für Reparaturen (Rost) und alle 5000km einen Ölwechsel mit Service.

Gruß,
Klassikjames
Cookies sind auf dieser Website ausdrücklich erlaubt.

Leistungsarm und abgasstark 8)

JC Klassik '94 - 310D Automatik

Dackeli200

Beitrag von Dackeli200 » 04.08.2024 10:49

I always drive to Spain and Portugal from Switzerland. I only stop in France to refuel, there are a lot of riffraff at the rest areas. The fee in France is 160 euros one way, which is very expensive. Spain is better because there is no fee from France to Denia etc. I also spend the night in truck parking lots, but I have dogs with me, so the risk is small. Otherwise there are so many top campsites in Spain and Portugal, or even remote ones on the beach, etc. I have been driving in various areas for 16 years and have never had anything stolen.
MFG
Mercedes 310D Jahrgang 1990 Kilometer 820000 Kilometer

V__BG

Beitrag von V__BG » 04.08.2024 16:30

Thanks for the comments so far.
They give me a good rough idea about the average costs and the principles of camp life with an old JC.
I guess the more "west" you go, the more strict and expensive it would become...
I suppose Croatia or Greece would not be that costly...
How is it with the cooling/heating at those Park4Night and parking lots? Are open windows enough at night in the summer ?

Dackeli200

Beitrag von Dackeli200 » 04.08.2024 19:00

Sorry, it gets very warm without air conditioning. I have a stationary air conditioner on my 35 year old car that I can also leave on while driving. Unfortunately it's not very quiet, but if you sleep and let it run on a timer it's bearable. Otherwise it gets quite warm depending on the configuration and size. Croatia has become quite expensive in recent years.
Mercedes 310D Jahrgang 1990 Kilometer 820000 Kilometer

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 1 (1978-1995)“