Mains Water Connect

die zweite Generaton Sprinter (NCV3)
Antworten
lunatic

Mains Water Connect

Beitrag von lunatic » 07.08.2024 10:12

We have a mains water connection in our utility centre. While threading cables for an inverter I have seen the regulator in the back and followed the mains pipe forward.

Question. If you attach a hose to this utility centre connection and turn off the water pump, does the mains water come through the system into the kitchen and bathroom with regulated pressure so that it is safe for the JC systems? What about the hot water boiler, does the mains water replenish that as hot water is used?

Image of mains water connection attached.

Thank you.

Ian
Dateianhänge
4.jpg
4.jpg (198.9 KiB) 823 mal betrachtet

James 4 FUN

Re: Mains Water Connect

Beitrag von James 4 FUN » 07.08.2024 11:09

Hi Ian
Wow…😳 We have our main electricity connector at that place! So I can not help you with this problem. But I can not imagine the standard JC water hoses to all taps and boiler can withstand the constant waterpressure from a land connection!
Hans, living in Norway owning a 2007 James Cook V6 automat 3880kg. NCV3

netsailor

Beitrag von netsailor » 07.08.2024 11:17

Moin!

Soweit ich weiß, gehört zu einem "Stadtwasseranschluss" auch eine Druckregulierung, so dass alles auf verträglichem Druckniveau bleibt.

Hier ist es so erkennbar:
https://www.fritz-berger.de/artikel/faw ... sen-166827
James Cook Classic 318CDI 3,5t Automatik EZ 4.08; Eigenausbau 207D EZ1977 bis 2001
Bild

lunatic

Beitrag von lunatic » 08.08.2024 00:14

Thanks for your replies!

Actually Hans, our main power connect is above the mains water connect and there is a built - in pressure regulator tucked behind the grey panel in the back storage area.

Is there anyone on the forum that has experience using the mains water connect?

Thanks, Ian

Vtxbe

Beitrag von Vtxbe » 03.09.2024 05:12

Hi Ian,

I tried once this connection unfortunately, there was a leak before the regulator and I immediately stoppped.

The pump is rurned off automatically as soon as the cover of the connectioin is open. There is a switch just above the water connector ( viewed on your picture ).

I have as plan to use this way for an external shower easier for use than the original.

lunatic

Beitrag von lunatic » 11.09.2024 23:33

We have a problem.

We are using the water tank and water pump as normal. All works 100% - cold and hot water. However, I notice that water is dripping from the hole in the brass plate of the mains water inlet plug in the utility centre. See image above and attached again. Strange that that water is travelling uphill from the main water tank up the pipe to the brass water inlet valve?

I do not understand how water can be dripping from there when we are not using the mains inlet. Is this something I should be concerned about and can I fix it? Any idea what is causing the issue?

I see from the replies above that there is a small cut-off connector once you open the mains water door at the top. The idea I think is to cut off the water pump once the door is open. When I turn the tap on and open the flap to mains water, I understand that the pump should turn off. But it does not, it keeps running.

Any ideas and help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ian
Dateianhänge
Water dripping from hole in brass plate
Water dripping from hole in brass plate
4.jpg (198.9 KiB) 239 mal betrachtet

Antworten

Zurück zu „James Cook Generation 3 (2006-2012)“